- Bournemouth 3 Bolton Wanderers 0: HoweÂ´s men on the verge of the Premier League
- Southampton 12/5 to draw against Tottenham this weekend
- Napoli 2 Wolfsburg 2 (6-3 agg): Benitez moves closer to equalling TrapattoniÂ´s record
- Stoke City 11/5 to draw this weekendâ€™s Premier League clash against Southampton
- Jurgen Klopp could have the pick of clubs this summer
Aaron Rodgers: Replacement referees were frustrating
Another day, another complaint about replacement referees. This time it’s from the reigning league MVP.
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers talked about the officiating during his weekly radio show on WAUK-AM in Milwaukee and said the refs need to understand the rules.
“It’s just frustrating when you’re positive that there’s either a missed call, or that the rule was not interpreted the way that it’s supposed to be interpreted,” Rodgers said. “There were multiple instances of that, and when you watch the film back, it’s frustrating. That being said, there were just some bizarre calls on both sides.”
The most blatant mistake by the black and white stripes during the Packers’ 30-22 loss to the San Francisco 49ers actually went in Green Bay’s favor. Randall Cobb shook loose for a 75-yard punt return by way of an obvious block in the back by Packers linebacker Terrell Manning.
“There’s still disbelief,” Rodgers said. “I can’t say it’s comical, but I don’t feel bad because we had some bad ones our way as well. But I’m just surprised that you missed that one.”
Since just about everyone with a microphone has taken a shot at the replacement officials, it’s unlikely that Rodgers’ words will carry much weight. Everyone should probably just get accustomed to a degree of imperfection at this point.
Follow Kareem Copeland on @kareemcopeland.